Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dia Dos

Dia Dos
Day Two
Today was the first day we were lectured by Bikram. Very funny guy J
We also got to meet Kareem Abdul Jabar and hear his story. Then we met another guy, Frank, who narrated quite the heart-wrenching story. Bikram Yoga had really helped to improve a lot of peoples’ lives.
After the speeches were all done, we had a little closing address, and were then ushered away to lunch.
We met back in the auditorium to finish off some more dialogue. THEN CAME THE FIRST CLASS OF T.T.!
Wow! What a huge room! 300-plus students, along with a handful of visiting teachers and all the rest. I’ve never practiced in such a packed room before. Bikram had the room ventilated well, and held the postures for not so long, which was quite nice. Even so, almost half the room was in and out; sitting or kneeling! I hear that the first class is always quite a doozey J Fortunately, I managed to load right up with fluid, so I was feeling pretty good all class long. Apparently, so was this other guy near me. He seemed to almost be heckling Bikram ALL CLASS LONG?!! He even went so far as to admonish another student by saying that she lacked a body-mind connection! It went like this: Bikram said to a girl “why aren’t you listening to me?” and he had the nuts to answer OUT LOUD “because she has no body-mind connection!”
WTF?! This guy is way to cool for school. His new name will be ‘Spider Man,’ for reasons that I might spill later on. You know who you are S.F.M.!
Anyways, the rest of class went well, and I was pleased to complete the whole class without dying!
Tomorrow is another day. Rajistree is teaching the 8.30 (Ocho-media) , which I greatly look forward to.
Dialogue is really getting to me. So far my Espagnol is coming along better L

PS: the carpet is soooooooo slippery! Damn it!

No comments: